Linking my domain to services like Google Apps

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by someguy, Aug 25, 2010.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

So I've decided to register a domain for myself just for fun. Nothing fancy, nothing business related, just my own little piece of the web to do with as I please.

The first thing I did, of course, was link it to Google Apps so I now have GMail-based email, calendars, etc. setup for my domain, free of charge!

Great!

My questions now is.. what else is out there???

I'm looking for ideas ranging from making individual pages for specific purposes (for instance, I have a special page that streams live feed from ustream broadcaster on my phone) to full on services like Google Apps. The cooler, the better!

2. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Hm. Nothing, eh?

Maybe a better question would be what cool things do you guys do with your domains? I'd really like to learn how to do some interesting things with my domain.

Also, I just added a web-based ftp client which I thought was pretty neat. Again, it may or may not come in handy, but I learned quite a bit doing it! :)

3. JsR macrumors regular

Are you wanting ideas that you can try to learn how to do on a website just for yourself? Even if they are pointless?

I'll think of some :D

4. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

:D

I love learning, so any ideas you have don't necessarily have to be very useful. I considered doing a blog, and maybe doing something with WordPress.

The bottom line is that I feel like there are things I could be doing that I don't even know about, so I thought I'd see what you guys are out there doing with your domains. :)