Linking to app store

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by porcupine8, Sep 23, 2011.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

How do you generate a URL for an app store page in order to make a link? I usually just google the app to find a link on the web, but it seems like there should be a way from inside the app store...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This should still work, I believe? I don't have iTunes in front of me.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=617047

3. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, but those instructions are for iTunes on a desktop, not the app store on the iPad.

4. Bob Maxey, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

Bob Maxey macrumors member

The link is just a random test and it has nothing to do with LinkMaker

Yes you can quickly generate App Store Links and and no, not from itunes. Here is a link to a web browser called Knowtilus:

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knowtilus-web-browser-text/id412922017?mt=8&uo=4" target="itunes_store">Knowtilus (Web Browser+Text Editor+Text to Speech+Translator+Sketcher) - knowtilus</a>

It was generated on my iPad using Apple's Link Maker. Go here:

itunes.apple.com/linkmaker/

It is as good as you can get, I am afraid.

5. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's so weird that they would make a separate web page for it and not just incorporate it into the app store. Thanks!

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Weird and dumb on Apple's part--but still better than the kludgy workaround of emailing a "friend" (myself) the link from the AppStore, then going to mail, copy/pasting, etc. Or than having to go get my laptop. Thanks to Bob Maxey on this one! Link maker now bookmarked. :D

7. Bob Maxey macrumors member

UR Welkome