Linking VOB files?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Edandlindz28, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I have a bunch of vob files that I would like to link together into one movie, plus make it work in iTunes for :apple: TV. Is there an application or is this not do-able? Thanks for any help.

2. banjomamo macrumors regular

are the vob files a part of one ripped dvd or several?

3. Edandlindz28 thread starter macrumors regular

4. brandon6684 Guest

If you put everything in a folder you should be able to use handbrake and point it to that folder with the VOB files to make an iTunes compatible movie.

5. Edandlindz28 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the site

Must be Handbrake not being able to rip it. Can anyone post the dmg file MactheRipper somewhere other than their bag. We can only visit certain sites and I get blocked from MactheRipper sites.

Here's another one, does it take a long time to compress two avi clips. I linked two together in iMovie the exported for aTV and its going to take 300mins or so. The file size for both clips in iMovie was 45GB.

Last one, how do you recover HD space without restarting? I had 30GBs that I deleted but had to restart to reclaim the HD, is there another way to do that? Thanks

6. banjomamo macrumors regular

good point it could be the copy protection. i doubt anyone will post the link to that file directly on here. try a torrent or peer 2 peer software app. you could also try versiontracker.com.

as far as taking a long time - i have a quad and its basically real time to encode the appletv file. i do a 2 pass encode though so thats one reason. i dont think youll want a 45 gig file on your apple tv.

im not sure what exactly you are trying to do but if you just want to rip a dvd and convert the file to something that will play on your appletv, just use mactheripper or even handbrake works by itself on older dvds. the use handbrakes built apple tv preset. that will get you started.

7. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

i didn't know we were allowed to talk about ripping....oh well...my question i s answered......almost

say you had the whole DVD on your HDD, could you watch it as a DVD (special features e.t.c.)

8. Edandlindz28 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah they talk about ripping DVDs in here, go to the :apple: TV thread and you will see lots. Just don't talk about pirated videos, as long as you own them I "think" you are good to go.

I ripped Happy Feet the other night with Handbrake, but it didn't have the special features on it, just the movie with chapters, someone else would have to chime in on being able to rip that.