Links in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by camilletom, Sep 10, 2008.

1. camilletom macrumors member

camilletom

Hi.
    It's very weird because since I updated to iTunes 8, there is always an arrow next to the selected or playing song which links to the iTunes store. I find that very annoying beacause I turend that off in iTunes 7. The problem is that I think it's not even an option anymore... People MUST HAVE that arrow. I went to the iTunes prefs and I don't find anything that turns it off.
    HELP?
    Thank you in advance.

2. pauld macrumors regular

Yep. I spent a good 20 mins tonight trying to find the option to turn this back off. I know it's only a minor thing, but it really irks me. It's gross that they force the iT music store down iT users' throats now. Really gross.

3. nl2134 macrumors member

It's kinda pissing me off they explicitly took off that option in the new iTunes. You have to alter it through terminal.

4. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

I found the way to remove it using Terminal but haven't tried it. I was really upset that they are forcing us to have that there. Like I said - I know where the store is, I go there often to sample music, and I buy my music mostly through CD's and Amazon MP3's if it's not available on CD's.
    I'm sure (or hope) that Apple will come up with a software update to give us the option to hide these links.
    So far, the only really good thing about iTunes is the Genius playlist.

5. Tourist macrumors member

copy and paste the following command into terminal , it worked fine after I updated to 8.0 last night.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=559513

6. nl2134 macrumors member

Yeah that was the command. It worked no problem. I guess Apple's just trying to sucker those who have incomplete albums, or something, who knows what they're thinking...

7. camilletom thread starter macrumors member

camilletom