Links not working in Safari on Apple Website...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by afd, Feb 9, 2013.

1. afd macrumors 6502a

Recently I've had problems navigating the apple website, mostly the Support section. The links show the link at the bottom of the window when you hover over a link but tapping the trackpad has no effect.
    I've tried resetting Safari, turning on and off Javascript seems to help for a bit, and tried turning off the firewall.
    My iPad and iPhone have no problems on the same wifi network. FireFox also works fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. SilkyGardens macrumors newbie

Holy crap.
    Finally, someone with the same issue. I felt like I exhausted google search and still have no solutions and found no one who is experiencing the same thing. Its good to know there is someone else out there in the world who feels my pain.

Same deal. Firefox works. Safari doesn't. Homepage links don't work(up at the top, "apple, store, mac, iPod, iPhone, etc..." Nada.

apple.com/support links do not work either.

Also if I go to store.apple.com, all of the links work, but if I open up a link in the sidebar, for instance... "mice & keyboards" I get this:

[​IMG]

Running OS X Lion 10.7.5

(Please note that I have 10+ other machines in our office running into the same issue. Works on Firefox, but same problems on Safari)

3. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still have no idea what was wrong but fixed it by formatting hard drive, re-installing Mountain Lion from a USB drive and using Time Machine to restore user accounts and apps.
    Everything fine now and mac much more reliable and probably a bit faster.

4. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Did you try deleting all cookies and cache? I had a similar issue on Amazon with Firefox not showing any pictures. As stupid as it sounds, that fixed the issue for me.

5. SilkyGardens macrumors newbie

Luckily I have to do this anyway to get over to ML. I hate upgrading OS X. Would much rather format.

Does not fix the problem for the rest of my machines, though. Sucks. Most of them have ML already with latest updates.

That was one of the first things I tried. No fixy fixy.

6. HOP1967 macrumors newbie

Same thing here

Links not working.

Started after upgrading to 10.8.3

Crap !

First I ruined my battery on my MBA after upgrading to ML and now this....

7. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

The other thing that got fixed with a clean install was links from RSS feeds in google reader, they'd stopped working and now they do. Must have been some weird networking issue, wasn't the firewall because turning that off didn't fix it.
    Mostly I'm happiest about the lack of crashes, I was getting at least one a day, mostly on wake up. I've had one crash in the 2 weeks after I did the clean install, that happened when my Apple TV was looking for the iMac when ITunes wasn't running, I started iTunes and the mac crashed.

8. JazzDude macrumors newbie

Has anyone found a solution yet (other than disabling JavaScript, which does seem to work, strangely enough)?

9. iWeekend macrumors regular

Thanks for javascript idea.

Usually have used firefox to get around issues, but even that browser wasn't clicking through today.

Any updates since OP?