Links on webpages don't work until relaunch Safari

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by monta17, Dec 25, 2011.

1. monta17 macrumors member

I have just got a new MacBook Pro with Lion installed. Quite a few times during the day when I go to a webpage (various pages) and click on a link - nothing happens. Nothing at all. It's just like the links are not links. If I quit Safari and relaunch and go to the same page the links work just fine. Besides being annoying, it just isn't right. Does anyone know what's going on?
    I never had this problem with my old MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard.
    Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Rather than relaunching Safari, have you tried refreshing the page? Clearing your cache?

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

this happens to me (and apparently a lot of other people) in safari, clicking on links to apple support pages (ironic; problems with apple's own site...).

reloading the page (command-R) brings up the page (as GGJStudios suggests...)

4. cas85 macrumors regular

The only time I've had that happen to me are on the same family of sites...Lifehacker, Gizmodo, etc...

However, this only requires a refresh and it happens in more browsers than safari.

I can't recall having your problem in any browser on my mac in lion or SL. Hope they fix it for you.

5. monta17 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry that I'm late getting back to this (holiday stuff).

I appreciate the info that has been given, however even refreshing the page does not help resolve this issue. The page is just there and responds to absolutely nothing.
    I made a quick video when this happened the other day and I'm going to see if there is any way to attach it.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What about clearing the cache, as I suggested?

7. monta17 thread starter macrumors member

You might be right.
    I cleaned the cache AND reset safari (suggested by Apple).
    Thanks for a great suggestion.

I will have to see if it worked. Fingers crossed.