Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BearZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Houston, TX
I am having a problem where whenever I click on a link in say iChat, or Skype or even when im trying to set up Flickr on iPhoto, the webpage link opens up VMware fusion, starts up the OS and opens Internet explorer. I have tried the settings and disabling the sharing folder, but it doesnt work, VMware still opens up. Has anyone else had this problem? can anyone help please?
Thanks

jejagua

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2008
I had a similar problem with Fusion opening when I executed zip files.

Find an HTML document on your hard drive, get info and set the "open with" to your preferred browser running on MacOS (Safari or Firefox) and click change all. You may have to repeat this for several other web document formats (HTM, ASP, PHP...etc.)

amaggie05

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
I had the same problem after I installed VMFusion. I think VMFusion automatically changed default browser during its installation. so the solution is really simple:

open Safari -> preference -> general tab -> default browser: choose Safari instead of IE from bootcamp drive.

it worked in my case :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.