links won't open on website run from a DVD-ROM

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jj123, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jj123 macrumors newbie

Did my best on the title. Basically here is the problem. I've created a website to be run directly off of a DVD-ROM (needs to be accessible in a place where there is no internet connection). Website only works one file at a time. What I mean is any file can be opened directly into the users browser of choice and the URL indicates appropriately (file:///Volumes/mydisk/index.html etc...) by clicking it through the finder. However, when you try to go to any of the links from the page you are on the browser reports a "file not found" error. If you navigate via finder to that page it will open up just fine, but again you can't go anywhere from there. Everything works correctly when run from the desktop or from an external drive, just not after it is burned to a DVD-ROM.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe the links are linked to hard, meaning they still point to the files on the volume HDD and not the volume DVD-ROM.
    Have a look at the links, do they look like this file:///Volumes/mydisk/index.html or more like this page1.html (pointing to a html document called page1.html, residing in the same directory/folder as the index.html).

You can look via Safari's status bar or in the files themselves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jj123 thread starter macrumors newbie

links are relative

So they are popping up with the correct, however in the process we have found that our programs folder links are spelled with a lowercase p but the folder itself is listed with an uppercase P. So it appears that has been the main issue. Stand by for any further issues. Thanks for the super fast response.