linksys offering Mac OSX support

Discussion in 'macOS' started by waterskier2007, Jun 27, 2008.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i dont know if this has been posted. i didnt see it if it was. linksys is now offering mac osx support and setup software for their wireless routers. this should be good news to some. here is an article

http://blogs.zdnet.com/soho-networking/?p=232

i also like how the author includes this line

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

And this is better than simply bringing it home and plugging it in and administering it through a web browser how?

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i dont know, i dont use a linksys router, i was just posting some info i found

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Perhaps it means that the first thing their tech support says wont be "We don't support Macs, sorry, can't help you".....people do occasionally need tech support, even with relatively simple set-ups

5. markgamber macrumors 6502

The last two Linksys wireless routers I've bought came with a CD that had some kind of installation software. I tried it to see what it did but it couldn't figure out my network (which is nothing special) and failed and I ended up manually setting them up via a browser, but I'm guessing it's that software that now runs on (supports) OS X. I'm pretty pleased with a new 802.11n Linksys. It, a Macbook and a Macbook Pro appear to be getting along very well with each other.