Linksys Router Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BrettFarve04, Feb 13, 2008.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I have a linksys WRT54G Router. Whenever I close the lid of my macbookpro (and my girlfriends pc notebook) we always have to recycle (unplug the modem and router) the connection in order to reconnect to the internet again. It's a huuuuge pain in the @ss to do this every single time we want to put our computers into sleep/standby mode. Is there any solution to this so whenever we open our notebooks it will automatically connect without having to unplug everything??

Thanks all!!

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

how old is the wrt54g? it may need a new firmware. what version of OS X are the two of you running?

3. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

The router is about a year old maybe a little older. I'm running Leopard and she is running XP!!

thanks for the quick response!!

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

ok since you have two very different computers connecting it leads me to believe its on the router end.

go to the linksys site, look under downloads, select your router model, click on firmware, select your version, download and follow directions. hope this works.

5. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

If you're going to update the firmware, I'd consider using DD-WRT. Depending on your WRT54G version(on the sticker on the bottom) it can be very easy.

I have been converting all sorts of Linksys routers to use on our network as access points.

6. spank2223 macrumors member

I am having the sort of the same issue on the linksys wrt-54gs. If a mac and a windows pc our connected. I have to recycle to modem every hour. Just a windows pc everything is fine. This is really upsetting and it looks like i have to return it and get the new express by apple. The linksys router is a week old. Any help would be great