Linksys router weak signal

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Loves2spoon, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I have a Linksys WRT54GSv3 & Motorola SB6120 modem on Comcast.

For the past month my iPhone only get's 2 bars of wifi around the house and 1 in the garage and it always used to get 3 bars. Same with my iPad.

I had open NAT for xbox live setup and now it says moderate, yet I've never changed any settings.

I've tried rebooting both router and modem but it didn't seem to help.

Any suggestions?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I've had that happen a couple of times w/a couple of different routers. I think some game or XBL updates could reset your NAT settings.

Lethal

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Do you have the same reception issue with other wifi devices?

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I can not say that I am surprised by that. I know I have had linksys routers just crap out on me before. Hell I have 2 crap out on me before and the single strength for them just went into the crapper. One I flashed it and boosted the single 100% and it worked better but still it was on the low side.
    But between 7 or 8 of them I have had 2 just randomly crap out.

Something you could try is change the channel it is running on. I have had issues with wireless were there was just to much noise in on that channel so the signal was poor. Changed it and went from eh to max bars. Signal strength is based on the signal to noise ratio.