Linksys [wired] router (POS) !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Edd.Dantes, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Edd.Dantes macrumors 6502

I've messed with this combo for months... now I want to get some hive advice on the matter.

I've got a 4 port (wired) Linksys router, less than 1 year old, connected to my Airport Extreme Base Station. (Yes, latest firmware for both).

With my mac pro connected to the linkys, I have to restart the damn thing all the time ! I have heard of these problems, so I want to get a new (wired) router.

Also, this linksys slows down my Mac Pro, compared to running straight off the Airport ethernet.

Can I get some suggestions on a really nice (Mac compatible) wired router ?

I'd prefer one with over 4 ports but 4 port routers will be fine. I have a PVR and Skype phone running off the router as well, FYI.

Just let me know if I need to try linksys again, or go with d-link, netgear, etc. Which ever router works best with Macs.

TIA !

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I had nothing but trouble and lousy performance from 2 different Linksys wireless routers and a 3rd wired router. Then I kicked them to the kerb - for good. ...literally with one of them.

I have been using Netgear for many years and can highly recommend them. I tried the Linksys models as part of testing group but I only run Netgear and Juniper equipment at home.

3. IChing macrumors regular

Been through them all, the apple airport extreme rocks.

I don't know why it gets trash here so much at an Apple site, but I can't recommended it more than I have after going through all the other gear that is suppose to work with apple and microsoft.