linksys wireless printer server problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mark16q, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Mark16q macrumors newbie

New MBP user here and having a minor problem printing to my HP 3330 MFP on a linksys wireless print server.

I was able to find it using Appletalk and chose the HP 3330 driver, but get an extra page for each page with the error message ERROR: undefined OFFENDING COMMAND: D STACK:

It's not preventing me from printing, but is wasting a lot of paper. The Linksys site has nothing to say of Apple, so...

Any ideas ?

Mark

2. cheapjacob macrumors newbie

solved

hi mark

got exactly the same problem!

to fix this just go into the print server settings and change the apple talk setting from binary to ascii - i did this and it immediatly has worked

hope it works for you too

ciao from germany
    andy

3. Mark16q thread starter macrumors newbie

Andy,

When I added the printer, it saw it as appletalk, but I didn't see anywhere to make print server setting changes. I've looked at the print settings for too long and am not seeing it...how do I get to this print server screen?

Thanks!

Mark

4. cheapjacob macrumors newbie

i didn´t explain...

hi mark

the settings for the printer server are not in the print&fax settings!
    type the ip-adress of your printer server into your www-browser and you´ll get to its internal server settings you have to change
    it´s just like the settings of your network-router

good luck

andy

5. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

Andy,

I just got back to this problem, as my sons new Macbook was doing the same thing and wasting lots of paper. Had to access the print server from a PC to change the appletalk settings, but once I did what you said.....it works!!!

Thank you,

Mark

6. rawreviewer macrumors newbie