Linksys WMP54Gv4 osx drivers

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hi everyone

I picked up a pci link sys wireless G card that I was hoping to use with my Power Mac G3. So far I have had bad luck getting non Mac cards but after a search online I believe people have had it running on their power macs. Only problem is I can't find the drivers to use as realteks has been merged with another company. Would anyone have a source for the 10.4 driver?

Thanks

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hi everyone

I picked up a pci link sys wireless G card that I was hoping to use with my Power Mac G3. So far I have had bad luck getting non Mac cards but after a search online I believe people have had it running on their power macs. Only problem is I can't find the drivers to use as realteks has been merged with another company. Would anyone have a source for the 10.4 driver?

Thanks
The v4 uses the Ralink RT2560 chipset and a driver package can be downloaded from here.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
It downloads as an .exe application, would you know how I can run this?
Funny! On the search page it shows as Mac and on the download page it shows as Windows. Let me track down another link!

I emailed their support and will update with any information!

Last edited:

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The computer in network settings has the option for a "pci ethernet slot" but the wireless utility says, "No Device!!"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.