Linksys WRT610N NAS Feature

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacBook.Matt, Aug 6, 2009.

1. MacBook.Matt macrumors regular

Hi.

I've just installed a Linksys WRT610N Dual-Band Router and have 2 quick questions:

1) When I attempt to connect to the 5ghz band with my macbook (the only N-capable device in the whole home) it say's "connection timeout" or if I am able to connect websites load at a painfully slow speed or not at all. The 2.4ghz band works great, but I would like to utilize wireless N. Thoughts?

2) I hooked up a FAT formatted 250GB WD Passport drive to the USB port on the router. Now, I cannot figure out how to access it and read/write files onto the drive. I know its something to do with the Linksys "storage" tab on the configuration page, but I have no idea what to do. Ultimately, I would like to create a Disk Image of the drive on my desktop for quick access to my video/music files. Thanks and all help is appreciated.

2. rowdyreverb macrumors newbie

I know this post is nearly a year old, but I was just googling with the same issue and came across it. Did you ever find a solution to using the NAS feature with your mac? I've been trying for ages with not luck, so I'm frustrated and desperate.

Fun fact: I have the same issue with slow internet on 5GHz as well. Just not a fun router for Mac owner I suppose