Lint Protection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illumin8, Jul 2, 2007.

1. illumin8 macrumors 6502

With my previous iPod, a 30GB rev. 3 (hey, it's still working great in the glovebox of my car for the last 2 years), Apple provided a pair of white plastic dock connector inserts/covers. This allowed you to "plug" the hole of the dock connector so that pocket lint and other undesirable dirt didn't clog up the dock interface.

I wonder why my 8GB iPhone didn't come with anything to plug the holes in the dock connector and the headphone jack when it's in my pocket. I've noticed that it's collecting lint already and I'm worried that if a chunk of pocket lint gets in my iPhone headphone jack I won't be able to listen to music any more...

Does anybody know if you can buy little plastic inserts that protect the iPhone's recessed jacks from dirt/lint?

Thanks for your help and please, let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I use my iPhone naked and keep it in my pants pocket all day.

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

well i dont know if you know this apple hasnt provided those pieces for a long time. but it would be nice to find some online or something because i would for sure buy some, they were really nice

3. reaborg macrumors member

For iPhone 4

With only apple bumper, I am finding pocket lint and fibers getting inside dock connector. Any one know of third party who are selling covers for the holes?

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I think it would have been acceptable to make a new thread in this instance ;)
    And I think Switcheasy cases come with them, but that's all I can think of. TBH, try a site like www.dealextreme.com because they just might be the best place to get things like this.

5. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

Not sure but I think Otterbox has the covers. Not sure if they're connected to the case though. I'm looking into buying one.

Wow, what an old thread. I've seen some dinosaurs unearthed around here lately! Geeze.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Been in the same boat as the OP since 2007. Not a whole lot of stuff to cover those areas. I use a small flexible dental brush and clean out the area on a regular basis...(yup, very old thread)

7. Phelps81 macrumors member

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

9. reaborg macrumors member

Cool...thanks all...went ahead and bought one from dealextreme.com

I just hope it is compatible with the apple bumper though :)