Lint under MacBook Pro Glass?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecoolone1, Mar 20, 2010.

1. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

I have a mid 2009 13" MacBook Pro which I just got in February and today I noticed a piece of lint or dust in the center of the screen. I'm not sure if it's a dead pixel or a piece of lint. I turned the computer off and you could still see it when you put it up to light. I cleaned my screen with iKlear, tried to tap on it, tilted it to the side and etc... and still nothing. Although, when I do tilt it to the side or at an angle I do see a mirror like effect, meaning you kind of see it on the glass and once more under the glass on the actual screen. So I'm convinced it's a piece of lint but could be wrong. It's really annoying especially since it's in the center of the screen and all you see is a grayish like spot when your working in white areas of the MBP.

Is there anything I can do to get it out? I highly doubt Apple will replace/clean it for me since it's only one piece on the screen. I do know it's my OCD but this to some people is annoying, or it could just be because it's new and I'm still babying it (surely that will pass). Also, any program or web page to check for dead pixels?

2. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Apple will defiantly swap it over for you, just get it exchanged it will pay off in the long run.