Linux, Mac compatible audio interface

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by msb65, Mar 5, 2009.

1. msb65 macrumors member

Hi,

I would like to buy a firewire audio interface. I will primarily use it with garage band on my Mac, but would also like to experiment using it with Ardour on Linux. Anyone know of any interfaces FULLY compatible with either OS? I have heard pretty good things about the Edirol FA-66. Has anyone else?

Mike

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

just wondering, do you use ardour because you have linux, or have linux to use ardour. because if you have linux to use ardour its available from mac anyway

3. msb65 thread starter macrumors member

Haha you know, that is a good point. At one point I was (and technically still am, although I am typing this on a new macbook!) pissed off at Apple and was exploring my options. I am interested in Linux and stumbled across Ardour. So I guess I would like to keep my options open. HOWEVER, in the near future I will be using any audio interface I buy with a Mac.

So I guess I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good Mac compatible audio interface. I came across the Edirol FA-66 and thought it looked decent. However I am very new at this and would like people's opinions. Thanks!

Mike

4. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

thats a good audio interface, one of my options when i was buying one. not sure about it working with linux though.