Linux rumour site

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by MacAodh, Dec 7, 2007.

1. MacAodh macrumors regular

Hey,
    Does anyone know a good linux rumour/news site similar to macrumors? Would like something like this just to keep up with new news. Seams like Linux is slowly getting good enough for people like me (non-programers/linux heads) to use.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Linux is open source. Why would there be rumors? LOL

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Quite, I don't think there's anything to create rumors over :p

4. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Plenty of Linux/UNIX sites on the net, of course there isn't a need for a rumor site but you might find the information you are looking for on Linuxquestions.org, I joined back in August of 2004 when I started using Linux mainstream and they answered the majority of questions that I had. Linux is a great operating system and the best alternative to Microsoft for those who don't have a Mac or that want a server without purchasing a Mac. So while I love Apple products I have to say that Linux is an amazing operating system and if you learn UNIX you will be able to do some things on your Mac that you may not have done before.

Good luck and farewell!

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

rumors only survive in secret company like apple, M$, ATT etc.

for linux information

check distrowatch.com osdir.com osnews.com ubuntuforums.net etc, etc

6. MacAodh thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, maybe i should be more exact. I was saying rumour site simply since I'm on a rumour site and i was looking for something similar. What I meant was that I'm looking for is a news site similar to this site (without the rumours obviously!!!) that combines all news from all the different distro's. I enjoy messing about on linux and i would like to be able to keep up with all the news through one site rather then having to surf the net for about half an hour getting it all.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You could install an RSS reader and subscribe to all the Linux sites you watch...

8. MacAodh thread starter macrumors regular

I could but the problem is that it's a different site every day. There's not one (or even a few) good sites that give a good overview of interesting info.