Lion 10.7 GM broke Vuze

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by RedOne, Jul 2, 2011.

1. RedOne macrumors newbie

Lion 10.7 GM seems to have broken Vuze. Not completely but I'm only able to upload/download very very slowly.

This is not a firewall issue as I passed all the Vuze firewall tests successfully and I can connect to peers.

I'm thinking this is a Java issue. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

3. RedOne thread starter macrumors newbie

There are some advanced features of Vuze I really like. It's a shame it doesn't work in Lion

4. simsaladimbamba

Then wait some weeks for a new release after Lion has been released I guess.
    Have you got the latest version of Java yet? Maybe Apple didn't include it.

5. RedOne thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right; most likely I will have to wait.

Java auto-installs when you launch your first Java application so i assume i have the latest version

6. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I think that Transmission is great for myself, but now I'm curious about advanced features in Vuze.

…looking it up …researching …oh. …that looks nice.

My only non-constructive comment that I can think of: I'm sure it's not an incompatibility that will last for too long.

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Have you tried loading Java? As far as I know Vuze still relies on Java, and Lion doesn't include it.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Read Post No. 4 and Post No. 5.

9. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Ah, missed it :eek:. Well, Vuze seems to be running fine. Version 4.6.0.4 with the latest version of Java.

:confused:

10. solaris8x86 macrumors member

This is to report that Vuze 4.6.0.X is running fine on Mac Pro 2010 with Lion GM build.:D

11. Kyu2130 macrumors newbie

Vuze

Solaris how did you get it to work .. I had the dp4 and upgraded to the gm and had a copy of java 10.7 just in case. But I couldn't get it to work.Vuze still refuses to connect properly

12. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Issues

Since upgrading to the GM I am also having problems with Vuze. Most of my torrents simply won't download. They get stuck at ETA calculating infinity. I guess I'll have to try out one of the other apps in the meantime.

13. plu2 macrumors newbie

possible solution/alternative

hey guys...
    after spending the night installing java 10.7 and still not working (because Lion broke Vuze) I have
    just downloaded bit torrent (from bittorrent.com) and have started using that...

it is not as flashy as vuze (no scheduler or queue function) but it works... and the downloads that I
    have already started with vuze I could "check" and most of the progress was saved and didn't have to start again

and for some reason... i do not know why but it is actually faster.... just thought i would let everybody know

by the way if this helped you feel free to post it on other forums... i usually don't post on forums coz i am lazy
    and just take information that is useful to me...

14. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

15. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

For anyone still using this

I ran it last night and it auto updates to a new version (seems to be a beta version), after updating all is working as good as when i was using Snow Leopard

16. trex67, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

trex67 macrumors newbie

New version (Beta) also works for me if I bypass BTGuard. With BTGuard I get very slow speeds and very few to no seeds/peers (e.g. 2 of 40 seeds, 0 of 6 peers.)

Update: Maybe spoke too soon. Seems to be working fine now.