Lion and Apple Wireless/Wired Keyboards

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by palebluedot, Jul 20, 2011.

1. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

I was wondering if Apple is updating its wired and wireless keyboards with the launch of Lion. If you look on Apple's site you can no longer zoom in on a picture of the wired keyboard to see what the keys look like. If you look at the keyboard on the MacBook Air the f3, f4, and eject keys have all changed (expose, mission control, and power).

I just bought an Apple wired keyboard ten days ago and figure I may return it in the 14 day window and exchange for the new keyboard. I know the keys still do the same thing but I figure why use the old icons when I can still get the hot new keyboard. Joking :D

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

I think so. Just look at the new keyboard on MacBook Air. It replaces Dashboard (F4) with Launchpad and eject with power.

[​IMG]

3. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Yeah I saw it on the MacBook Air keyboard but I was wondering if they were doing the same for their wireless/wired keyboards?

4. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

They did update it. I just bought one yesterday for my ipad only to find out the brightness controls, volume, and ipod controls dont work like theyre supposed to. I guess they changed the "guts" of the keyboard and those buttons dont work for the ipad now.

5. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Did they used to work in the old ones? What do they do now. Debating if I should return my keyboard I just bought and get the new one. I'm using it for a windows desktop and a Lion Mac.

6. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Yea. The brightness, volume, and playback controls used to work on the older wireless keyboard for the ipad. Now they dont. They changed the dashboard and expose buttons with mission control and launchpad now.