Lion and bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zackmd1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if the lion install package contains bootcamp drivers? I have the 2010 MacBook air and I am planning on wiping the snow leopard install drive and replacing it with lion but I need to know if I will also be losing the bootcamp drivers that leopard has.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

So you've currently got a Snow Leopard partition and a Windows partition already?

3. Zackmd1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I do not. Currently I have one partition with lion installed. My plan is to install windows once its needed for my job in a few weeks. My question was wether or not lion had the bootcamp drivers needed for the MBA but that seems unlikely because lion deletes it's install image when it's installed. Does anyone know where I can get the bootcamp drivers for a MacBook air on the Internet?

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I believe that when you go through setting up the partitions using Boot Camp Assistant, there's an option for you to download and burn the latest Boot Camp drivers onto a disc from simply hitting a button.

Apparently this feature has existed in BCA since Snow Leopard but it's always been broken so I always had to install the drivers from DVD and then run Apple Software Update multiple times until I had the latest drivers.