Lion and Island no bandwidth and my problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoshBoy, Jun 8, 2011.

1. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

I am really looking forward to when Lion arrives however I have one problem. I was living in Sydney Australia and left 3 weeks ago, at that time my limit per month was 500gig and I was on cable.

I have now moved to a small island in the South Pacific called the Cook Islands. My new limit it 4 gig per month (this alone costs me $140 a month!)
    I want to be able to have my girlfriend back in Australia download the lion image for me, place it on a USB stick and bring it with her in August. Is there any way this can be done? (I am not after a pirate copy, I am happy to pay) because at this point i don't know how else I can get Lion over here. I also have 3 mac's and don't want to download it 3 times.

Any help or advise is welcomed.

Cheers

Josh

2. JoshBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

understand however I do need to place it on a USB stick as her dvd drive wont work (it actually has snow leopard stuck in it LOL)

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. JoshBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

Gee wiz bill if only I was as smart as you, why didn't I think of that......... Oh I know why. The cost to replace it would be pointless as the whole laptop is on the way out. It is ready for replacement and it will be done but not in the time frame we are talking about.
    Thanks for your help bill, your a champ!

5. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

6. simsaladimbamba

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You can copy the installer (no need to extract a DMG) onto a USB drive. Drag the whole thing onto your computer and double click to install.

You don't need to make a bootable drive, just put the whole "Install Lion" (or whatever it's called) application onto the USB drive and stick it in the post.

8. JTA60288 macrumors member

You don't need to download it three times. All you need to do is log in with your Mac App Store ID on all three computers and they will let you download one file for all three.

9. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Did you read about his download limit?

10. JTA60288 macrumors member

Yeah, I read it. All he needs to do is download it once (probably at his girlfriend's place) and install it three times. No need to download more than once.