Lion and Multiple Displays

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grim103, Aug 4, 2011.

1. grim103 macrumors member

Im runnings OS X Lion on my MacBook Pro. Now im setting up a second monitor which is actually my TV. Now ive read full screen apps dont work well with two monitors, but that doesnt effect me as i dont use the fullscreen feature. How does mission control work on dual monitors?? If i switch desktops on one, what does it do to the other?? Say i have Screen 1 on iTunes and Screen 2 on Firefox. How would that work with a dual monitor? ahh so confused! any help would be appreciated! :apple: :apple: :apple:

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I use dual monitors everyday and have no issues. It works fine. Just turn mirroring off and you can do what you want to do. It worked fine under Snow Kitty and now works fine under Lion as well. Missed Spaces really bad, but have started warming up to the whole one screen thing and am utilizing it more and more to be productive, as I can change what is on the main screen without affecting the second screen which always has a VM image open on it at work.

3. Archbishop macrumors newbie

Where are my opened applications?

Hi,

Opening (and running) an application on the secondary display, I'm unable to see the application window anymore when the secondary display is not present. Even restarting the application, the window goes to the alternate display and neither Expose nor Spaces gives you any chance to drag the window back to the main screen.

So the only way I have found to set the "default" screen for any particular application back to the main screen, is pluging in the secondary screen back. Obviously this is very frustrating as I'm using dual screen at home but single screen anywhere else!

Any ideas? Please advise.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Go to system preferences, displays, detect displays, gather windows.

5. Archbishop macrumors newbie

Where are my applications?

Sorry, this only takes both display preferences windows to the main screen but nothing else. All the applications with windows opened on the alternate screen remain there, ie, hidden unless you reconnect the alternate screen.