Lion and Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Codfisher, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Codfisher macrumors newbie

Installed Lion and when using Pages I now longer see a SAVE AS option under FILE....Has this option been eliminated?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

This is because of the new Autosave feature in Lion. The way it works is Pages automatically saves your document without the user having to worry about it, so if you close Pages with a document open it will automatically re-open that document next time you open Pages. If you want to save it to a specific location with a filename for easier reference, you now click "Save" instead of "Save As".

3. Codfisher thread starter macrumors newbie

Understood.

What if I have a file and I want to change its name after I have edited it but I still want to keep a copy of the original file under the original name?

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

To get to the old Save As… dialog box you need File > Duplicate then File > Save…

5. Codfisher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Peggy..thats what I figured...just wanted to be sure there wasnt an easier way.

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You could try a service I created with Automator & assign it a keyboard shortcut. It just shortens the process of duplicating the document & then saving to one keystroke. You can read the thread on Apple's forums at https://discussions.apple.com/message/16229475