Lion and Stacks order

Discussion in 'macOS' started by marsupilami4, Sep 25, 2012.

1. marsupilami4 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a question regarding stacks : in list mode, is there a way to make the list start at the top and not at the bottom?

On both my Macbook with SL and my mini with Lion I have a download stack, sorted by date added, displayed in list mode. On the MB, the most recent items appear on top and if I want to access older items I need to scroll down. On the mini it's the opposite, I have the oldest items at the bottom and I need to scroll up to get to the most recent items. Is there a way to change that? I'd like them both to behave the way they do on the MB since I access more recent items more frequently.

Thanks!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

If you open the folder(s) that the stack(s) point to, how are the items arranged? I'm wondering if you view the folder in list mode and reverse the order, would it reverse the order in the stack? Can't try it here.

3. marsupilami4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it already but there doesn't seem to be any relation between the folder's order and its corresponding stack.

Weird thing is, in grid mode it's displayed the way I like it (most recent items on top, and if you want to get to older items you need to scroll down).