Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janstett

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Chester, NJ
Upgraded to Lion on every machine but my main desktop.

I am extremely frustrated that, for no apparent reason, they decided to reverse scrolling behavior, both with trackpads and scrollwheel mice.

At least I wish this was configurable in the mouse settings.

In other words, if you roll the scroll wheel down it used to move the scroll bar down. Now it moves the scroll bar up.

I guess they are going for what happens to the DOCUMENT/VIEW, as if you are pushing the document up or down with your fingers, but it's damned confusing and the first time I can remember this behavior being questioned since it was introduced -- when? Mid 90s?

JeffMonty

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
You can change this setting in both the trackpad and mouse panes in system prefs if you want.

janstett

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Chester, NJ
Thanks, not sure how I missed that.

It's the "move content in the direction of finger movement while scrolling or navigating" button for those interested.

andrewlgm

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2011
NYC
I actually like it better. It resembles the iPad scrolling, and the new touch functions in safari are amazing. I just miss the 3 finger swipe in other parts of the system such as in iTunes and finder where you can swipe back and forth using three finger...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.