Lion blocks all power PC software

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ipolarbear6, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ipolarbear6 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have just upgraded to Lion so that I can use iCloud with my iPhone but I didn't bargain on it making some of my old software redundant. I have no problem with buying Microsoft office new but my Adobe Creative suite 2.5 has also been disabled. As I bought this at the same time as my iMac (but before they brought out the first intel version) and it was hugely expensive and I only use it as a hobby, I really don't want to pay another 800 euros to update it. Is there anyway of partitioning my drive and running Snow Leopard on it do that I can use it again?

2. kaltmond macrumors newbie

kaltmond

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yep,
    This was one large complaint against apple - dropping rosetta. Either upgrade your applications or downgrade your OS

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

That would be UPGRADE your OS ... afterall, Lion is a significant downgrade.

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

or move to 10.2, a 'classic' version of OS X! :rolleyes:

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's your opinion which is not shared by everyone - Lion brings a lot of features to the table.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why is it all or nothing? upgrade/downgrade/...

Just install Snow Leopard on an external HDD for those older apps?!? Especially if it's just a hobby/occasional use...

B