Lion-compatible webcams?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shinji, Nov 8, 2011.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I have a Mac Pro with an early ACD...i.e. no iSight built-in. I'm looking for a webcam, preferably with 720p HD but that's not a hard and fast requirement. Almost entirely for Skype use.

On the Logitech forum, several people have complained about flakiness and problems with the Logitech C910 and other Logitech cams in Lion. Is anyone here using a C910 or other Logitech cam on Lion?

I've noticed similar things on the Creative Labs forum, except there's much less feedback there.

Can anyone recommend a webcam that works flawlessly on Lion with no driver issues, that would work well for this purpose?

2. MisterMe, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There are people who will complain about sunshine on a Spring day. Avoiding a product based on the complaints of unnamed people under undisclosed circumstances is not prudent. Logitech is the webcam company. I own two Logitech webcams--one for my Power Mac G5 and one for a Windows laptop. If I were in the market for a new webcam for an Intel-based Mac, then the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 is the one that I would buy.

3. yongren macrumors regular

I also own a Logitech webcam & have experienced no issues at all running it with either Lion or Windows XP

4. cube42 macrumors newbie

I do have a LogiTech Webcam Quickcam Pro4000. A very good cam. But the support of LogiTech is very very terrible. The latest update was in 2005 and now with the new Lion the webcam is useless. Thank u very much Logitech!!

5. trainman macrumors newbie

I have been using the Logitech C910 from Leopard to Snow Leopard to Lion and now Mt. Lion with no problems. DO NOT USE LOGITECH DRIVERS the macs have native support. The features zoom etc. will not work on a mac but the basic camera will.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have Logitech C910 webcam on Windows 7 machine I am very impressive but I haven't tried on my MBP yet I suppose it should be fine. :apple: