Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lahav redler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
i had this issue, with the trash can, i deleted files from my external hard drive, and then when i wanted to delete them from trash i had this black screen that says i must shut down the machine.
i read some articles and i find out that i need to use disk drive and then try, so i did, and it didn't work. now im facing an issue that whenever i connect my external hard drive, less then a minute after i connect it without doing anything, the machine vent start to work, everything is really slow then it crashes with the same black screen. Please try to help me, im new to mac world, i loved snow leopard and the external hard drive worked just fine (still had the problem with the trash can) but now i can't even connect it.

im on macbook pro i7 4 ghz...
please help!

Thallam

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Similar problem here. I can run my Mac with Lion all day...until I try to turn on my external hard drives. Then it tells me to do a hard shutdown. I reboot and in under three minutes, my Mac crashes again.

Dipenptl

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
I'am having similar issue since last night! Is there any sloutation for this problem?

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I had this happen with one of the internal drives on my new MacPro, a 2TB Caviar Black that up until this point, had been flawless. I was deleting 1,800 photos from a work folder and it froze the finder to the point of needing a hard re-start.

In short, it hosed the drive completely. My solution was to get rid of the biggest piece of garbage Apple has ever made and go right back to a truly professional and bulletproof OS, 10.6.8.

Best thing I ever did, all is well know, new drive installed...

Dipenptl

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
I had this happen with one of the internal drives on my new MacPro, a 2TB Caviar Black that up until this point, had been flawless. I was deleting 1,800 photos from a work folder and it froze the finder to the point of needing a hard re-start.

In short, it hosed the drive completely. My solution was to get rid of the biggest piece of garbage Apple has ever made and go right back to a truly professional and bulletproof OS, 10.6.8.

Best thing I ever did, all is well know, new drive installed...

So downgrading to Snow Leopard is my only option?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.