Lion crashes (freeze) on video and iTunes

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Maximiliaan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Maximiliaan macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm one of the thousands that are affected to have the issue with Lion where the brand new iMac 27" occasionally freezes or crashes when trying to view an online Flash video or when starting up iTunes.

See the thread on Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3194165?start=1035&tstart=0

My question is; does Apple actually does something about this? Or are they playing their "we don't give a *****" policy again? There is no sign so far that Apple is trying to fix this, or that a Software Update will fix it. I don't even think they are acknowledging the problem.

Any ideas?

2. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

I think a lot of people are having the problem (there are other threads on here as well), and that the next update will take care of it. Someone else here may have a better idea, but I doubt it's more than a few weeks out. Your best bet may be to install Snow Leopard until that time.

Best,
    Z

3. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

MrNomNoms

It is an issue that'll get resolved with an update; it is a know problem. I thought it was related to Flash but the problem still occurred with playing videos using HTML5 so I am unsure as to the exact cause of the problem but all I know is the problem doesn't appear in my MacBook Pro (2011) so it is something specific to the iMac 27inch model.

4. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

Wrong, it's not specific to the 27" model. I have this issue on my 21.5" 2011 iMac. I think it's specific to 2011 iMacs.

5. argebrit macrumors newbie

Thats not entirely true, I have a 2007 Macbook Pro 17" and I have the same problem where my Mac crashes everytime I open or try to update something in iTunes :(

6. jammingator macrumors newbie

Same here on a 2011 21.5" base running Snow Leopard. No problem with Flash at all but iTunes is an automatic freeze if I just open it, much less use it.

7. FurryFoxMacuser macrumors member

FurryFoxMacuser

I had the same problem but with a simple update to lion 10.7.2 everything was fixed. What version of lion are you running?