Lion Developer 4 to "normal" version

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by KnightsChivalry, Jul 22, 2011.

1. KnightsChivalry macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

So I was fortunate enough to get Lion in the developing stages. Now I want to buy the "golden" copy off the mac store but it is saying I already have it installed. How can I go about getting it because it won't let me do anything in the store. The only solution I have is installing SL on a partition, then buying it there. Then deleting the main one, then installing it from the 2nd partition. Any other ideas?

2. gnagy macrumors regular

If you are running the golden master of Lion, it's 100% identical to the one in the App Store. When the first Lion patch is released, you'll be able to update to it just like everyone else.

3. KnightsChivalry thread starter macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

I do not believe I am running the "golden" version. I am running the 4th developer version. Are they one in the same? How do I check if I have the "golden" version?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

11A511 IS the version you download from the App Store.

As you're a developer you've already paid US$99 for the early through to GM versions of Lion. There's no need to spend another US$29 on something you've already paid for.

5. KnightsChivalry thread starter macrumors newbie

KnightsChivalry

I am not a developer though :/ My friend is and he gave it to me

I just checked, and I am on Build 11A494a

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Oh, pretty sure Apple says you CAN'T upgrade to the final build from the pre-releases. You have to do a full re-install. But you're running on a partition though right? It's not your main system right? Riiiiight?

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Either get him to give you the GM, which he really shouldn't be doing if he's a developer or backup, erase and install Snow Leopard again.

But like Chundles says, you weren't foolish enough to put a beta version of software on to your main system?