Lion doesn't list Calendar in MobileMe settings

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tuqqer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tuqqer, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

tuqqer macrumors member

Was wondering why iCal wasn't syncing with MobileMe (i.e., all my hundreds of calendar events weren't showing up, yet were still there on Me.com).

Part of the problem: "Calendar" isn't listed in the System Preferences: MobileMe: Sync tab (alongside Bookmarks, Contacts, Mail Accounts, Dock Items, etc).

Anyone else seeing this omission? How is one supposed to sync with MM and get all ones events back?

Pic:
    [​IMG]

2. SnaPli macrumors member

I have the exact same problem! I can't sync the calendar anymore.

The missing checkbox is available in the "Mail, Contacts & Calendar" settings, though, but when checking it the system tries to connect to the MobileMe server and fails after a minute or so ...

Cheers

EDIT: I'm on 10.7 GM ...

3. SidBoggle macrumors regular

It looks to me like this has been done on purpose. When I upgraded my system I noticed that the calendar was not syncing so I checked the mobileme settings planning to uncheck/check the calendar box. As soon as I unchecked it, it disappeared.

I believe it is because you are supposed to be using the CalDAV setup rather than the old mobileme method of syncing. You can activate/set this under the calendar->properties->Accounts section (directly in the calendar program).

This now seems to be working fine for me. I did do the mobileme calendar upgrade some months ago though - I assume this will still need to be done by some people (move from the old method to CalDav) - there is a note on apple's website somewhere describing how to upgrade this on all your devices. I don't have a link but should be easily googleable (if there is such a word).

4. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

After checking it under mail contacts and calendar, it synced my calendar when I launched ical.

5. mandingo macrumors newbie

This fixed the problem for me! So many smart people on this board!! :)