Lion doesn't recognize my password anymore...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by whohasaquestion, Nov 15, 2011.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

This is starting to get annoying now. I am the only user of my MBA, but when I try to install flash or flip4mac, it asks for my password. I thought "All right, I will enter it", and for the past two months it works just fine. But starting last week, it doesn't recognize my password anymore. I use the "verify permission" in disc utility to no avail.

The password is the same as the login password, and the login works. So I don't know what the deal is. Can anyone enlighten me please? Or just show me how to turn off this password protection thing until I get a better grasp of what it does.

Thanks.

2. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

can anyone help? I can't even install new software now.

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

To turn off the password, go to System Prefs-->Users and Groups-->Login options and make sure Automatic Login is set to your username. I'm not sure if you're using Lion or SL or whatever, but I would also try repairing your disk via install disk/recovery partition if you're on Lion.

4. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

This is getting ridiculous now. The preference is locked, to unlock it, I need to enter the password....

This is turning into a nightmare.

5. EvelynW macrumors newbie

6. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I found the solution.

After a few failed login attempts, it gives you an option to reset password. Enter the apple ID password, it gives you an option to enter new password.

Why it took me so long to figure out?