Lion DP4 "issue"

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AppelGek, Jun 15, 2011.

1. AppelGek macrumors member

So I had Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro, installed DP1, flawless --now I am trying to install DP4 but it does not work, have resorted to erasing the main disc ergo it's now OS less :)

Tried installed Snow Leopard, but it says I can't install it "over" Lion (which is not there anymore)

When I try to install Lion DP4 I get a screen that reports it has to check with Apple (http://twitpic.com/5c3t21) and it returns this screen: http://twitpic.com/5c3t22.

Can anybody please help me... thanks!

2. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

What hardware configuration are you trying to install DP4 on?

3. AppelGek thread starter macrumors member

it's a MacBook Pro 13-inch mid 2010. (2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache)

4. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Do you have Time Capsule or a backup of sorts?

5. AppelGek thread starter macrumors member

I do indeed, tried putting that back but it was going to take 36 hours so I figured why not try some other things.

6. Tyr. macrumors member

Have you tried repartitioning & then formatting your disk after you've booted from the Snow Leopard DVD ? It probably contains a later version of the HFS filesystem for versioning and such.

If push comes to shove you can always install to external disk, then use Carbon Copy Cloner to sync it onto your internal drive; bit of a hack to be sure but might work if nothing else does :D.

7. AppelGek thread starter macrumors member

I will try that right now, tried repartitioning with the Lion CD in it, but it kept erroring because it could not unmount/mount.