Lion DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bending Pixels, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I've successfully downloaded/installed Lion, and even created both a install DVD and USB stick.

A friend has purchased and tried to download Lion. If I give him a copy of the Lion DVD, can he use that without any problems?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Everyone who downloads it gets the same installer package with the same DMG inside. If they burnt their copy to a disk it would be bit-for-bit identical to yours.

It will work fine :)

3. Bending Pixels thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the response. A similar question was asked in Apple's forums, and it was indicated that it wouldn't work. What I'm wondering is this - at the end of the Lion installation, it does go online to connect to Apple. It would make more sense that this essentially verifies that you're eligible for the Lion upgrade.

Thoughts?

4. Bending Pixels thread starter macrumors 65816

All

Thanks for the response. I'm not trying to make money or nor do I advocate piracy. My friend's problem is that he's bought Lion via the App Store, but is having trouble downloading it. He has to go to a free WiFi hotspot (like Starbucks) to get decent speed to download it, but gets errors about half way through.

Hopefully that helps clarify the situation.