Lion DVD

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I've successfully downloaded/installed Lion, and even created both a install DVD and USB stick.

A friend has purchased and tried to download Lion. If I give him a copy of the Lion DVD, can he use that without any problems?

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Everyone who downloads it gets the same installer package with the same DMG inside. If they burnt their copy to a disk it would be bit-for-bit identical to yours.

It will work fine :)

Comment

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Thanks for the response. A similar question was asked in Apple's forums, and it was indicated that it wouldn't work. What I'm wondering is this - at the end of the Lion installation, it does go online to connect to Apple. It would make more sense that this essentially verifies that you're eligible for the Lion upgrade.

Thoughts?

Comment

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
All

Thanks for the response. I'm not trying to make money or nor do I advocate piracy. My friend's problem is that he's bought Lion via the App Store, but is having trouble downloading it. He has to go to a free WiFi hotspot (like Starbucks) to get decent speed to download it, but gets errors about half way through.

Hopefully that helps clarify the situation.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.