Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeverleyPrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
I'm distressed that I cannot request reader receipt with my emails as I have I have always done without having to hassle clients or myself in worrying whether the email was received at least. This was an option I took for granted with Outlook.
In addition I cannot save the changes to my stationery to be default as I begin a new email, but have to LABORIOUSLY re-create each email's stationery with my BRANDING. This is insane, illogical, not considered in the software design, somebody sneezed while designing and forgot what he was doing? Maybe.
I must have these 2 facilities.
Any help out there?
I have lodged this complaint with Apple in LA as an oversight on their part.For the request reader receipt I was able to speak to a humanoid assistant who tried his best and told me I WOULD HAVE TO SEND the 'reader receipt' matter TO FEEDBACK.
This is hard to believe. I did this and feel my request might have landed on iCloud but not penetrated as I have no acknowledgement or accountability of this request.
Help please... I put out a lot of money for this pretty machine

stomer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
Mail.app does not compete with Outlook. Outlook is an email client aimed at corporations, so there’s no reason for Apple to match Outlook feature for feature.

Read receipts is a feature specific to Outlook, very few email clients outside of the corporate world have that feature. It’s not even part for the email spec and the feature isn’t simply dependent on the feature set of your chosen email client but also the email client of the recipient. Even then, the recipient can turn them off. I don’t see why Apple would create such a feature when the vast majority of recipients do not reply to read receipt requests.

Apropos email stationary. It would seem sensible to be able to save default stationary. However, I’d point out that whilst your emails look great to you, they might look like crap to your recipients because they don’t use email clients that have an HTML rendering engine that matches that of webkit.

Few things more annoying than web someone sends me broken HTML, when they could have sent me something in text, it’s a email guarantee to go straight to trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.