Lion & flash video chat

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by zachnelson, Jul 6, 2011.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I installed the GM seed and now I cannot video chat on places like omegle, chat roulette or tiny chat. The box that pops up to allow me to authorize access to my camera is unclickable. I keep clicking Allow and nothing happens.

I even re-installed Lion fresh and new and it doesn't work.

help?

2. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not sure why those wouldn't be working. Best guess is they won't recognize the new Safari?

The Google+ Hangout video chat works just fine for me.

3. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not just safari, chrome and firefox too :(

4. cadoo macrumors newbie

Same issue here. This is a dealbreaker, an incredibly ridiculous bug. Anyone have a fix?

5. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Access your camera and mic settings for Flash in System Preferences and then manually allow the site access.

No one is to blame. Not Apple for putting out Lion and Adobe because Flash 10.3 warns you that Flash Player is currently a beta for 10.7.

6. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perhaps you would feel differently if you needed these functions to telecommute.

7. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

If they are necessary then you shouldn't install a pre-release operating system and use beta software. Common sense, no?

8. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was told this developer release was what is being released to the public whenever Lion is officially released. Thus, my question.

Either way I have another computer not running Lion which works just fine. I was simply asking if anyone else had this issue. Release the tightness on your fanboy pants. :rolleyes:

9. pmhacker macrumors newbie

I have the same issue on 4 separate machines. Flash video chat doesn't work in any browser.

10. windywalks macrumors 6502

Hi!

I've had the very same problem with my Lion install, but figured out a workaround.
    If you feel comfortable with having the cam activate itself right after you enter the chatroom/start the webpage, then this will help.

In Settings in OSX go to Flash Player -> Camera and Mic ->Camera and Mic Settings by Site and on the right side of the site you want to use your cam with choose "Allow". It has to be a site which you already visited, otherwise there won't be an option to enable the Cam and Mic access.
    This will permanently enable the cam whenever you visit the site eg. Chatroulette.
    Also notice, that when you go to a site such as Megavideo and choose whichever movie, put it into fullscreen (given of course, that you use the flash, not the h.264 version of the video) and right click, you can manipulate the flash setting of this particular site however you wish.

On a different note - this problem has been noticed in previous versions of Flash, and isn't specific to Lion or Mac OS whatsoever - it has also happened in PCs running Windows. Just wonder how many users who upgraded to Lion on this forum have experienced this issue - is it widespread or just present among a given group of people.

Cheers!

Here's to hoping

11. windywalks macrumors 6502

Just wanted to give you guys an update after installing a beta of Flash 11 - still the same issue, not going to help in any way.

12. pastafazoule macrumors newbie

is there a fix yet,any video chat web site can't access the panel

13. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

i cant find the flash player under system preferences

14. KayNine1 macrumors newbie

I too don't have Flash Player Settings in System Preferences and no leads to it anywhere in Spotlight.

15. Mr Gee macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, I updated my flash to the latest version (beta) and then the flash panel appeared in systems preferences.

Then I tried the "allow always" which worked for a while but doesn't anymore. Hope they fix this one soon.

16. windywalks macrumors 6502

Try deleting Browsing data and settings in the Advanced tab in your Flash Player Settings and repeating the whole enabling procedure.

17. bobcatbobcat macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Flash based video chat worked ok in SL but failed with Lion with the same symptoms noted here. I'm not sure if it was due to Lion or due to the Flash update that was part of the Lion upgrade process. Many attempt to fix the problem failed. I reverted back to SL by simply restarting while holding the Option key down and then restoring from Time Machine