Lion for Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by drose8400, Sep 2, 2011.

1. drose8400 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a macbook air from best buy. When I brought it home it did not have iLife or Lion installed on it. I took it back and they said it would be no problem to have it installed and sorry for the inconveince. They then called me a few hours later and stated that they were unable to install Lion and they didn't really give a reason why other than "the macbook air doesn't work well with Lion." Is this true or are they giving me the run around?

Thanks! Doug

2. Damiantmc macrumors newbie

They are giving you the run around.

There is no reason at all why lion won't run on a new MBA, or the 2010 MBA for that.

These laptops were built and designed while Lion was being developed and were always intended to run Lion eventually.

Even old old white plastic macbooks still run lion fine so tell them that you want a refund and then go buy somewhere else that has it preinstalled or is at least gonna give you a proper after sales service...

Damian

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

HUH? Is it a new 2011 model or a 2010 model? If they wiped the Lion that came with it (a 2011), the only Lion that works is the one you download using the recovery tool. The one you get off the Apple Store doesn't work.

If its was a 2010 model (more likely), then I've read many people upgrading to Lion from Snow Leopard, so I don't understand the "doesn't work with Lion" problem they are having. This sounds weird.

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

If it is a new 2011 model and it doesn't have Lion or iLife, check out this page for instructions.

5. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

It looks to me like you bought a 2010 model since the 2011 models come with Lion preinstalled.

If for whatever reason you decide to keep the one you have, you at least should be eligible for a free Lion upgrade.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The only issue I've read about is the 2011 MBA not running Snow Leapord !

My 2011 MBA had Lion running from the getgo and is awesome.

7. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Sounds like you're talking to someone that's not sure what's going on there mate. Seeing as how my 2009 Air manages to run Lion like a peach, you should be perfectly fine.