Lion fresh install - Safari Crashes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dacoolest, Apr 30, 2012.

1. dacoolest, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

dacoolest macrumors regular

Hi, I reinstalled Lion last night and I just started using it after the reinstallation. At the moment the only software I installed is Java and software update from Apple.

Safari is crashing when I start typing in the address bar.

I had a similar issue before and it disappeared as I uninstalled Adblock extension for safari.

Currently I have no extensions, apps installed. Still safari is crashing. This is very disappointing. Need your help. Thanks.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Try going into Disk Utility and do a Repair Disk Permissions and a Verify Disk.

3. dacoolest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for trying to help. But Verifying Disk didn't solve the problem.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Assuming your Java installation is up to date, have you tried re-setting Safari?

Top left of your screen..click "Safari" then re-set Safari.

5. dacoolest thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, Java must be up to date since I installed java few hours before posting this thread as this is a fresh install of Lion.

thanks for the tip, but I tried resetting and still the result is same.

----------

I just deleted all of my book marks and now it seems to be working. The problem used to come when I start typing in the address bar. Perhaps it could be something related with reading the set of bookmarks matching with the key words I'm entering in the address bar?

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

What KB are you using? Wired or wifi? Apple or another brand? If clearing your bookmarks helped it may help if you do a DU disk permissions repair:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1452

You could also try a PRAM re-set...I doubt it will help, but it won't hurt either:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

You won't lose any data, and it just might do the trick.

7. dacoolest thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using the built in keyboard of the macbook pro 2011. I already tried repairing disk permissions although the web-page you sent is very informative. I will try resetting PRAM if the problem comes again as my bookmarks are being populated and I will post here if then. Thanks.