Lion Frustrations: Mission Control

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by acondiff, Sep 1, 2011.

1. acondiff macrumors newbie

Okay, don't get me wrong, I love Lion, however Mission control is driving me crazy. It is mainly because I cannot rearrange desktops (easily at least). I have apps I have opened an put in full screen and it would be so much more user friendly if I could rearrange desktops.

Another frustration is that Mission Control does not play nicely with multiple displays. It would be nice if each desktop would display on a separate display. So desktop 1 would display on my first screen and desktop 2 would be on my second screen, then when I do a three finger swipe it would then switch to displaying desktops 2 and 3. This way makes so much more sense. That would also resolve the issue of full screen apps leaving the second display blank.

I've seen this issue brought up on the web all so often, you would think Apple would get on the ball to fix this.

I almost wish I could write an app that does this. Does anyone have any insight on how to do this? Does anyone know if one like this is already in development? This functionality is crucial to my workflow.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

As far as the arrangement of them goes, go into System Preferences --> Mission Control and untick the Auto Arrange option. Then i believe you can arrange them manually except for desktop 1.