Lion Full version

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by h0ttballer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. h0ttballer macrumors member

okay so I currently have Lion GM installed. I hear from many that this is not the full and complete version which will later have many bugs fixed. When the "final" version is shipped, will most of you guys with the GM install the "final" one? Would I have to re download the final one or download it through the software update option?

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Exactly *who* are these many sources?

Lion has bugs to be sure but certainly not enough to warrant a GM2.

3. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

Lion GM = Retail Version = Full Version,...unless something like a major bug comes along.

4. dilgit macrumors regular

The final version, expected to be released by next week, will be the same as the GM version. NO CHANGE at all!!! All current bugs will be taken care in the first update 10.7.1.

5. sketdansu macrumors member

Time Machine doesn't work(at least for me.) Wouldn't that warrant a GM2, since it's a pretty "showstopping" bug in my opinion.

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

1 person or a handful of people doesn't warrant a GM2. my Time Machine works fantastic. But if you're having issues, fill out a bug report on the Dev page.

7. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

That's the first I've heard of it. So something that's showstopping for you on your particular configuration does not necessarily apply to the world at large. You know the one that doesn't revolve around you.

8. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

How can we check that GM will have the same 'product code' as the so called 'final' version, when it hits the market?

Both of them will match the 'build 11A511' code?
    I want to be sure of it, but I can't wait any longer. But I will not install an unfinished product which is everything else than the final version.

9. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

If you have to question it or have any doubts, wait another week. It won't kill you... will it?

10. hellfried macrumors member

Go to 'About this mac' and click right on the 'Version 10.7'. you will see the build number appear. my says "Build 11A511"