Lion install Possessed? Moving mouse.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RafaelT, Jul 26, 2011.

1. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

So I clean installed Lion on launch and it has been working great. I closed the lid on my laptop earlier and now my trackpad appears to be possessed. My mouse is moving it self around the screen in short stuttering kind of motions. It was almost acting like I had my hand resting on the trackpad while trying to use the mouse. It was evened causing me to switch between screens, left and right swipe... anyone else?

Any idea on if it might be hardware or software?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Neither hardware nor software - IT'S POSSESSED BY A DEMON!! :eek::eek:

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

4. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I had this once on my iMac. The mouser pointer jumping all over the screen. I thought I had some kid of virus or something !

My daughter was using a wireless mighty mouse in the next room. She complained it didn't work!
    :eek:

5. RafaelT thread starter macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I think I figured it out. Where my laptop sits at work there is an air conditioning vent directly over it. Every once and a while if it gets really humid it will drip. I think it dripped and a little bit of water got into the track pad. The weird thing is that it didn't start acting up until a few hours later. I took a hair dryer to it for about 45 minutes and now all seems to be good!