Lion installed on in-store iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hibby417, Jul 23, 2011.

1. hibby417 macrumors newbie

I couldn't find anyone commenting if Lion is coming pre-installed on in-store iMacs in Apple Stores--anyone know?
    Thanks!

2. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

The Mac Life store in our area is selling new units with "Lion" installed. Can't really say about others.

3. whodareswins macrumors regular

I went to an Apple store in England yesterday and all their display macs had Lion running.

4. themoffster macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't get why all machines don't come with lion now. Why are the still shipping brand new machines with sl on them?

5. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Because they're sealed in a box and paranoid people would think it was used if the seal was broken.

6. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Yes. Imacs in Apple stores have LION installed.:)

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

The Macs that are open and on the floor all have Lion. However, if they go back and get one from the stock room, there's a chance it will have been there since before Lion was available. In that case you'd get a free upgrade.

8. sth macrumors 6502a

No new Mac is leaving the factory without Lion preinstalled, but you can't change the systems that were shipped to retailers before Lion was actually released. For those, Apple has the up-to-date program.