Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyfo29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
i was having problems with safari on my admin account after upgrading to Lion so i created a new admin account which leaves 2 problems for me.

Problem 1

while trying to import my pics into iphoto on new account i noticed it wasnt just importing the pics i had on my old account, but was also taking the first frame of all the videos on my computer so i cancelled the process thinking it would take forever to reorganize this mess. i went back to my old admin account & moved iphoto into the shared folder. i went back to the new account & deleted iphoto thinking that keeping it would just leave me with a bunch of duplicates. i didnt know this would delete iphoto from my computer (thanks for the pop up warning). my pics are all safe, no problems there, but how can i get iphoto back? Lion upgrade was on July 20 if that helps.

Problem 2

on new admin account i have imported all my itunes stuff but notice the apps section is empty. if i plug in my iphone or ipad will it transfer the apps on them into itunes or will it erase them. ive had them erased before & dont want to deal with that again. is there a setting to prevent this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.