Lion is just like Snow Leopard. Save your money

Discussion in 'macOS' started by FooArk, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

Really guys.

Im on Lion now and I can't tell the difference in everyday use.

OSX has reached its peak and any improvement now can only be marginal really.

2. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

No, Snow Leopard is better. They're not at all the same. They had something great with Spaces, and then destroyed it all with Mission Control. Blech. Good thing they only charged 29 bucks, because anything more would be a crime.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

So why did you upgrade to Snow Leopard then? It was just like Leopard.

4. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

It may be that way for you, but for me mission control is a far better way for me to organize my workflow vs spaces previous to it

the gestures are also more comfortable for me in terms of doing things (i am also using jitouch in addition to add some more functionality)

there have been some decent improvements that will help most people

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

From the looks of things I beleive you are right but for $29 I figure what the heck. It has to be at least a slight improvement over SL right? (yes I know there are bugs right now but I am sure those will get ironed out)

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

I agree with the ars.technia summary of Mission Control:

How stupid was it that you had to manually enable Expose and Spaces in Leopard/Snow Leopard? IMO, only the geeks and power users did that. They were way underutilized features that brought zero value to the majority of Mac users, IMO.

7. err404 macrumors 68020

I agree that Lion is a pretty small upgrade, however Apple is not changing a premium for it either. The cost seems fair to me.

In my book, an OS upgrade is more about the under-the-hood changes. The UI tweaks are just side benefit. It will take some time to see how the new Lion API's pan out into real application improvements.

8. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

Its like iOS actually-- but beside the point not to attack and don't mean to make it sound like an attack- however could you have not waited a few days and watched reviews and things of that nature to decide if it was worth the upgrade for you?

Again don't mean to sound like attacking, but I have been looking at reviews and decided that iOS on my mac was ok to upgrade- especially for full screen finally.