Lion is so buggy. Wi-Fi randomly stops working.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adamantoise, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Out of the blue my MBP will stop connecting to my router. I know the router is fine because my 2010 MBP (which I regrettably sold) worked flawlessly with this router.

When I restart the MBP, it sometimes fixes the problem, but most of the time I am prompted to enter the network's password (despite that the MBP is set up to remember it) ... When I enter this password, I am sure it is correct (all other devices connect to the router using that password), but my MBP refuses it.

What is going on here?

2. pazz macrumors regular

I too have had Wi-Fi issues since I installed lion.

Frequent timeout's which eventually sort themselves out after 10mins or so.

3. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

I haven't had issues with wi-fi until I've begun to use an Airport Extreme Base Station. Is it normal for an APEBS to drop the connection and connect to another wifi network?

4. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

This has been an irritating bug. I've found that just turning WiFi on and off seems to resolve the issue. Just a quick click off, then right back on. Hopefully there is a fix for it, I've been a big fan of Lion as a whole, but the WiFi thing is starting to get on my last nerve.

5. df2gadgetman macrumors member

df2gadgetman

Even my 2011 Macbook Air 13" w/Lion was experiencing wifi drops. I returned it and ordered the 2011 Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz from Amazon with Snow Leopard. It works Great and I even have the installation DVDs! :D

6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

My problem is that it doesn't pick it up when I open the lid. And I can't figure out anything to consistently fix the problem other than a restart. Not thrilled.

7. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Same here with wifi and I've had a similar issue with ethernet once.

8. brucebuffer macrumors newbie

mines started doing this to dropping wifi then i have to turn wifi on and off about 5 times to get it going again and the ethernet port isnt working now either, keeps telling me cable is unplugged when i know its a good cable.

gonna take it to apple tomorow.

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

here too, wake from sleep, every 5th time or so...no connect.
    sure we'll see a fix in a (hopefully-soon) update.

10. waterstm macrumors newbie

Posted in another similar thread. It seemed to fix my problem.

"I had the same problem up until yesterday on a new MacBook Pro running Lion. I tried the many possible solutions (removing keychain entries, moving the wireless network to the top of the preferred network list, etc...) that have been suggested on the web, but none of them seemed to work.

For whatever reason, the remedy for mine, was to remove the CD from the MacBook drive. After testing and retesting, I have had zero problems with losing my internet connection when manually putting the MacBook to sleep (closing the lid). Others reported similar problems/remedies with external HDDs.

Hope this helps... "

11. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

I too had this problem initially and removing the Lion DVD fixed my wifi issue.

12. brucebuffer macrumors newbie

anyone have a clue why my ethernet isnt working either worked fine before lion same as wifi.

13. Tomacorno macrumors regular

What Lion DVD? I thought it was download only.

14. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

It is, but you can easily make an install DVD or put it on a flash drive (faster).