Lion issues after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PinkyMacGodess, Sep 24, 2011.

1. PinkyMacGodess, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011

PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Ok I have upgraded to Lion, and the dot-2 update.

Things that are driving me crazy are SOLVED: Preview which seems to open everything that I have opened in the past whenever I open another file with it, and then adds that file onto the screen with the next file that I open. I have tried rebooting and even tripped through the Preferences and can't seem to find this 'feature' anywhere.

SOLVED: It seems that the two finger scroll on my MacBook Pro is opposite what it used to be in Snow Leopard. I keep sliding my fingers towards me and expect the screen to scroll down, and t doesn't. Is it the drugs or is this another new 'feature'.</strike>

Another bit that is driving me nuts is that we have an intranet with our own private DNS server and have a DNS record pointing to the local server. The name is 'remote.mydomainname.com' and it points to the private address. There is also a domain record for the actual public internet domain called 'remote.mydomainname.com' and it points to the external address for the remote access box which knows when we try to hit it from inside that we are inside and denies the connection. SO... Lion seems to be grabbing the 'real' public IP address somehow and trying to connect to the external address which is denied and totally ignores the local private DNS server that continues to point all other systems (both Windows and Mac) to the correct internal address. I checked the Network Preferences and they only list the internal DNS server. Snow Leopard iMacs work fine. This MacBook Pro worked fine before installing Lion.

Interesting issues...

Anyone had these, and found a way to live with Lion?

Thanks...

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The first one can be solved by going into the system preferences, going into the general section and un-ticking the box that says "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps"

The second problem can be solved by going into system preferences, going into mouse/trackpad (whichever your using), go to the 'point and click' submenu, then un-tick the 'natural scroll direction' box.

Dunno about the third one.

3. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I posted the thread to the Apple site in a desperation act and someone responded with the fix for the first two issue. I reposted the last issue to see I could get a response to that too...

Although I am looking through the System Preferences just to see if I missed anything...