Lion Killed my Email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Curlymeltx, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Curlymeltx macrumors newbie

Help! Has anyone out there made the mistake I did of upgrading to Lion OS without realizing they'd not be able to open any of their MS Office 2008 documents including EMAIL???? All of my email is inaccessible because I had MS Office 2008, was using Entourage, did not keep copies of my email on a server, had all of my messages sitting in my inbox, then installed Lion OS.

I've read everything about restoring Entourage identities, but that doesn't work because Entourage doesn't work, period!

Any suggestions?

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Entourage 2008 works fine in Lion. We aren't seeing many issues on the forums with Office 2008 applications breaking under Lion.

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching. ​

You can drag your Main Identity to Shared folder for testing in the new User.

Your Hard Drive/Users/Shared
    Drag from Shared (it actually copies) your Main Identity and place it in the Microsoft User Data folder > Office 2008 Identities folder in the new User. Remember to drag your Identity in Shared back after testing or Entourage will open in a new Identity.

~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/your identity ​

Quick Steps to Troubleshoot Identity

http://www.office.mvps.org/troubleshoot/quick_steps.html