Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

tollickd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
I am about to buy a MacBook Pro this month with Lion, I already have a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard. Would I be able to create a DVD on the macbook pro and upgrade my Mac Mini? or would I need to buy the update from the app store?

Also am I right in thinking I can get Lion server for just 49.99?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I am about to buy a MacBook Pro this month with Lion, I already have a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard. Would I be able to create a DVD on the macbook pro and upgrade my Mac Mini? or would I need to buy the update from the app store?

Also am I right in thinking I can get Lion server for just 49.99?

Since you are purchasing your computer pre-made with Lion, and not upgrading, you'll have to purchase it yourself via the App Store for your Mac Mini.

tollickd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Yes. Lion Server is available from the Mac App Store for USD$49.99.

Ok so when I upgrade to Lion it will only cost me 49.99 USD to get the server upgrade? I thought I would have had to have had SL server first!

tollickd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Sorry one more question, Will I be able to install lion server on both macs?

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Sorry one more question, Will I be able to install lion server on both macs?

Yes - the licence terms for Lion Server from the App Store are the same as for Lion (for individual, non-commercial use anyway)....

You can install Lion Server on all Macs that you control. Presumably the procedure should be the same as creating a USB/DVD of Lion (i.e. create before you install).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.